Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Best Part of Nice to Stay

Does anyone have an opinion on the best area to stay at in Nice? I%26#39;m trying to decide between the Suisse Hotel, by the beach and old town and The Grimaldi which I understand is central. Looking forward to any and all opinions!




|||



All depnds on your way of life, your interest in a city,how you can deal with crowds, etc. The Suisse is in a more animated area while the Grimaldi is closer to a somewhat quieter area (more private residences in the area).




|||



yymca6, thank you for your answer. I was in Barcelona last year, same time and stayed at a hotel on the Ramblas. I did like that location because it was very central and lively. But my hotel itself was quiet. Just looking for opinions from people who know the city and the pros and cons of each location.




|||



The waterfront zone seems by far the best. Inland seems nondescript to me, and I walk everywhere including to those far inland/uphill museums. Don%26#39;t even like the central rail area, esp since the main road between there and the old town is all torn up due to about the most disruptive construction of it%26#39;s kind I%26#39;ve ever seen.




|||



Thank you daft! I really am looking for these types of opinions. Has anyone had a recent experience at the Suisse Hotel?




|||



eminem...



i%26#39;ll let you know how it goes.. leave for europe tomorrow... shoudl arrive in nice in about a week.. stayin at the suisse...



so far.. by what ive hear its a pretty kewl place.. we%26#39;ll just have to see...



all the best..



and i%26#39;ll keep u posted...



-chairmanmao-




|||



chairmanmao, have a great trip! I look forward to hearing about the Suisse and the rest of your trip. I leave at the end of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment