Tuesday, April 24, 2012

leaving tomorrow one last question

im in the middle of packing, and i just realized i forgot something and since i dont know the meaning of packing light, i dont think ill have room for them. I smoke parlament lights and i will probably get 2 packs b4 i leave but when im in paris what kind should i buy? does anyone know what would be similar to parliment lights?




|||



I%26#39;m not sure, but go into any Tabac and show them your pack- they can pick one out for you. I saw several American brands but they are quite expensive- 7 US dollars per pack.




|||



I always smoke Gauloises Blondes when I am in Paris.




|||



i think you should try phillipp morris :) when i go to usa or anywhere else people are always surprised to see that in france we have this brand (because marlboro is a brand of philipp morris). i smoke the super lights, but they have normal, lights, super lights, ultra lights, and one lol.




|||



Solution 1) Use the trip as a reason to kick the habit. (Incidentally, I heard the other day that 21% of French women smoke, against 20% of American women. Don%26#39;t know the equivalent numbers for men. Does anybody else?)





Solution 2) Pick up a carton duty-free at the airport before you board your trans-Atlantic flight. You surely do not want to blow your entire cafe-sitting budget on smokes at French prices, do you?





Solution 3) PACK LIGHT!!!





:%26gt;)




|||



thanks everyone, i will try both and maybe try to kick the habbit. (lol)





i really wish I could pack light. Im gonna die trying to lug my bags up and down stairs, and on and off the rer. wish me luck!





i will post my trip report when i get back




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Remember, knowledge is not always knowing the answer, but knowing where to find it!%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





Parliment Light 100s is my brand and I can tell you that you won%26#39;t find any Europen brand that is comparable. If you smoke the Kings, you should be able to purcahse tax-free cartons at most US airport Duty Free shops before leaving. If you smoke the 100%26#39;s then you%26#39;ll have to pack your own....or at least I%26#39;ve never been able to find them in either London or Paris....and as has already been suggested, American cigarettes brands come dearly in Europe.




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;i really wish I could pack light. Im gonna die trying to lug my bags up and down stairs, and on and off the rer. wish me luck!%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





So long as you stick with the RER from CDG, you will have to do a lot less lugging up and down stairs than you think. There are wide escalators down to the RER levels at CDG and only short flights od steps down to the train platforms. Once on the platform, your wheeled luggage should roll easily enough onto the car. When you arrive at your RER stop in Paris, BEFORE you simply begin climbing the nearest stair, take a moment to look up and down the train platform, there are working escalators at most RER stations,. If you intend traveling onward by regular Metro in Paris, there will be more stairs and few escalators. (it seems curious that escalators at RER stations almost always work, while those few at Metro stations always seem to be out-of-order?? I%26#39;ve often wondered if the only reason they have escalators at Metro stations at all are for RATP mechanics to cannabalize for RER escalator spare parts??).




|||



Good luck trying to kick the habit in Paris...talk about temptation! I actually had quit smoking (no, it wasn%26#39;t the first time) about six months before I went and I just couldn%26#39;t stand to be in a cafe surrounded by smokers - so I smoked the whole time I was there. (Actually, I have to admit to wanting to living out a weird smoker%26#39;s fantasy of sitting in a sidewalk cafe, coffee in one hand and cigarette in the other...only a smoker would understand :)



And I must say that I enjoyed every last nasty minute of it...



But I put them down when I got home - and yes, it was worth the withdrawl. I also smoked a different brand while there - maybe if you switch brands, it will help you to quit AFTER you get back!!




|||



iloveeiffel



i should have been on this trip with you!! im a smoker myself and love Paris,for i%26#39;ve felt that Paris is a smoker%26#39;s paradise!There%26#39;s just no stark discrimination for smokers like us in Paris.it is just my generalisation.so far,no one has ever chastised me for smoking anywhere/everywhere..lucky me..so get that carton from DFS..i%26#39;ve smoked Marlboro Lights all my smoking life,so i would not know what comes close to the latter?

No comments:

Post a Comment