Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Video camera on the plane

I hadn%26#39;t thought of this, but I%26#39;m trying to go through the whole process of %26quot;home to hotel%26quot; in my head.





Is there anything I should know about taking my video camera through the airport and onto the plane? Will our intrepid airport sevurity forces run it through the x-ray machine? And if they do, will it damage it?



I know about needing the reciept or having it cleared and registered before I board.





Thanks




|||





no problem.



you can use it when airborn, however not during take-off and landing.




|||



My aunt brought hers with her when we went to Vienna. She had no problems. I think she had them hand check it when we went through security. She did not bring her receipt with her and they never questioned her about it going through customs. I was never asked about my digital camera either. If it%26#39;s pretty new though you should probably bring your receipt with you in case they think you bought it there.




|||



i used my video camera once while in flight with no problems, and it was obvious i was using it , and i used it often.





however, on my last flight back home with american airlines another guy was using a video camera and the air hostess told him %26quot;uh uh you can%26#39;t do that%26quot; rudely.



i forget if he was trying to video just before take off or not though... so that may have been the problem... i just forget when it was.





i cant think of a reason why you couldnt use it during flight




|||



Thanks for your replies.





I wasn%26#39;t even thinking about using it on the plane, although now that you mention it...... I was just concerned with the



treatment by the inspectors and whether it would be run through the x-ray machine. I paid too much for it to be ruined at the airport!





You guys rock!




|||



The xrays will not hurt your camera.... xrays are destructive to extremely light sensitive film, but electronic equip will not be effected in the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment