Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Secrets of finding lower airfares

Paris in the Springtime. Yes.





I can%26#39;t find an airfare for a direct flight from New York to Paris in June for less than $900--and I%26#39;m pretty resourceful, searching many different sites, flying back on a Monday instead of Sun.... etc.





Does anyone know if it would be better for me to wait until say, a week before--like maybe last minute fares are reduced if they have too many open seats...? (i%26#39;m making this scenario up but) are there any tricks of timing that are worth knowing?




|||



$900 for mid-summer direct flight is VERY good. I%26#39;d take it. I%26#39;m paying nearly $1400 for a July flight from Boston. Try www.mobissimo.com. I%26#39;ve often had very good results from there.




|||



I have to agree with Truffaut that at this late date $900 might be as good as you are going to get, at least on a non%26#39;stop flight. I doubt if there is anything to be gained by waiting until the last minute. The only way lower fares might be available then would be if there were a lot of unsold seats which is highly unlikely in June.





You could try Air India which has good fares available for later in the year (~$450 RT including taxes) but seat availability will likely be an issue here as they have very few flights.





This site claims to have some remarkable fares available, but whether they can actually make good on any of them I do not know:





http://www.justfares.com/





If you have the time and the inclination to combine a Paris trip with a visit to London, you could find lower RT fares to LHR, and/or you could look for an open jaw ticket. Eurostar or BMI would be your best bet (and not a very good one) for a low-cost fare between the two cities in June.





Good luck!




|||



Try Priceline and low ball it for a multi-stop flight. You can%26#39;t be picky in the peak season and expect to get anything less than extortional prices.




|||



Its been my experience when booking just airfare that you%26#39;re going to get the lowest rate on the airline%26#39;s website. It is the newest marketing trend to pull consumers back to the airline website and away from places like orbitz. Often times, if you find a lower price on a %26quot;travel%26quot; website, you can call the airline and see if they will match or beat it.





Good luck. I%26#39;m paying 1400 rt from SLC for next month.




|||



I go to Travelocity.com. I put in flexible dates for JFK(NYC) to CDG (Paris) for the month of June. It does give you an idea of which days are the best to travel and which airlines have the best fare. I have found that I have to go through a couple of menus before I have the complete cost of the trip. As well, some of the fares are sold out and not available, so I have to play with it until I find availability.





Sincerely,





Diana




|||



Try usairways.com, lufthansa, or air france.com. My flight for July is only $600 from NY to paris.




|||



JamieRowe -





That%26#39;s a great fare! Which airline? And when did you book?




|||



Try travelling on Tures, Wed or Thurs. mid week is usually cheaper. Try this website...





www.qixo.com for cheap fares





Robin




|||



Thanks all. I think I%26#39;m just going to have to ante up. For Paris? But of course!




|||



Try Kayak.com. It will search a lot of airlines and websites and surrounding airports. I%26#39;ve had pretty decent luck with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment