Wednesday, April 25, 2012

2 wonderful resteraunts

My wife and I discovered two wonderful dining experiences this last week in Paris. They are both in the 100-120 e (for 2) range.





1. Le Berthoud (1, rue Valette, V arr.):



Small, lovely and modest looking. Superb, traditional French offerings. The lamb was splendid.





2. Maxoff (44, rue de Verneuil, VII arr.):



Fantastic French/Russian fare. Small, elegant, and romantic.



I highly recommend the salmon wrapped in puffed pastry and the apple strudel.





Both were delightful discoveries.





ENJOY!




|||



Would either of these be appropriate with two very well behaved children (ages 8 and 10)? The salmon and apple strudel sound wonderful!! I%26#39;ll be staying in the 7th and wouldn%26#39;t mind splurging on dinner at least one night (we have an apartment for the week so I think I%26#39;ll be saving some money on food bills).




|||



I know Le Berthoud, though I haven%26#39;t eaten there in a while. It is indeed a pleasant place.





mustseeparis - You and your children, who sound like they know how to behave in a %26quot;proper%26quot; restaurant, will be most welcome in any restaurant you choose to patronize. French parents often take their children to quite sophisticated restaurants, especially on Sundays. I have seen younger children than yours in some quite %26quot;posh%26quot; places...





I think Le Berthoud would be just fine, as would most places i can think of. I%26#39;ve never eaten at Maxoff, so I will let 1EyedJacques comment on that one...




|||



mustsee... well behaved children will be fine in just about every restaurant in the city.




|||



Thanks so much for commenting about children being welcome. My kids are very polite (if I do say so myself) - They said they would try almost everything except snails and animal parts - Hee, Hee. My 10 years is quite proud of himself for knowing how to order a croisant and hot chocolate. He can say the whole sentence in French - %26quot;I would like a croisant and hot chocolate please.%26quot; I%26#39;m trying to teach him a few more phrases before we go in September. My husband just keeps saying - why are you worried about it, all the waiters will speak English!!




|||



Yes,



I would venture to say that your children would be just fine at either of these restaurants.





BTW- it seemed to me that Maxoff%26#39;s is a bit more dressier than Le Berthoud.





Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment