Tuesday, April 24, 2012

looking for wallpaper in Paris

calling all design afficianados- I%26#39;d love to bring home one roll of special paper for a very small powder room- where should I go?




|||



Zuber is the most famous Papier Peint shop in Paris - 5 Boulevard des Filles du Calvaire in the 3rd. They%26#39;ve been making wallpaper since the French revolution.





I doubt they carry artisan Papier Peint but in central Paris, the 4th floor of BHV (Bazar de l%26#39;Hotel de Ville) and Leroy Merlin on rue Rambuteau have a large selection of the stuff that most Parisians have on their walls. There%26#39;s even a bigger selection at the Leroy Merlin in Ivry-Sur-Seine on the Quai d%26#39;Ivry.




|||



There is a little shop on the rue de l%26#39;Abbee Gregoire in the 6th, between Vaugirard and de Cherche Midi. It is on the right side of the street if coming from Vaugirard and on Saturdays it is invariable overflowing with chic locals looking to do a room or two. Remember to measure in metres!




|||



I agree on BHV and Leroy merlin where you have a large choice, especially for children%26#39;s bedroom. And the prices are affordable.




|||



Also at the last floor of %26quot;Le Bon Marche%26quot; you will find the finest selection of wallpapers from France and foreign countries. For my part, I think Designers Guild (british) wallpapers are terrific.



But they will be quite expensive.




|||



merci, merci, merci beaucoup. My powder room is going to be fantastique. I%26#39;ll remember to measure in metres.

No comments:

Post a Comment