Wednesday, April 25, 2012

seine river cruises

Would anyone recommend a particular company for either a regular cruise, or a lunch/dinner cruise? Has anyone tried it out? I wondered if they are spoilt by overcrowding.




|||



The two that have been recommended to me are the Bateaux Mouche which do regular hour long cruises and also lunch and dinner cruises (www.bateaux-mouches.fr/) or the Vedettes De Pont Neuf, which do a very similar Hour long cruise ( not sure whether they do dinner cruises though)! I don%26#39;t know about overcrowding, when are you going? The lunch/dinner cruises have to be booked in advance!




|||



I took the Bateaux Mouche cruise when I was in Paris at the end of April. Just the regular cruise not the dinner cruise. I thought it was a great value for the 7 Euro. I took the cruise at about 8:30 p.m. (it was stil light out). The sun set around 9 p.m. so I got to see the sights of Paris in the daylight, at dusk and at night. There are other companies that run cruises and I am sure they are all good. I would recommend Bateaux Mouche. Do it in the early evening. Paris is spectacular when it is lit up.




|||



I also recommend the Bateaux-Mouches, they last 15 minutes more and are cheaper than the others. I am not sure you will get a night cruise though, as these days the suns sets at about 10pm, the last cruise being i think at ten pm; maybe 10h30




|||



Do a search for previous posts regarding %26quot;Bateaux Parisiens.%26quot; I%26#39;ve left some information for others on recommendations for specific boats, etc. If you go during a calm before a storm, that is a few days before a major event like Valentine%26#39;s Day, the Seine River is nearly empty and there%26#39;s no crowds at all. You can phone in a reservation merely hours before dinner. If you go during a storm, like Valentine%26#39;s Day, the Seine River is a traffic jam of cruise boats--bumper to bumper standstill. [no exagerration here...]




|||



We did the Bateaux Parisiens Dinner Cruise for our 25th Anniversary 10 days ago, and were very pleased with everything.


I know that the logic thing to do is to go to a fine restaurant and then take a one hour cruise afterwards, but I decided on the cruise for the %26quot;ROMANTIC%26quot; factor, and I hate to admit it (since I%26#39;m a tough guy...) but I had to hold my my tears more than once and hide behind my camera while taking a few shots.



The ambiance, the live entertainment, the sights, the mood and with a little help of the %26quot;booze%26quot; and of course %26quot;the company%26quot; made it an unforgettable night.


To our surprise the food was actually pretty good, and very well presented, the service was outstanding. No conplaints, and no regrets.


Check their Web site, they have three services (sorry I don%26#39;%26#39;t have the names with me now) but we picked the one in the middle. We had a table for two by the glass. The less expensive service is in the center of the boat, but taking into consideration that your are seated on a raised platform and the boat actually has all glass walls and ceilings, it is not bad at all. I only noticed that people were seated closer together and did not see tables for two like we had.


Finally, if you don%26#39;%26#39;t mind expending a few more Euros, try their top service. You are seated in a private area in the front of the boat and you get a lot more personal attention (same food) better wine. If this is a special occasion... go for it!


By the way they included Royal Kirks and Two bottles of wine.


The cruise concludes in perfect timing for the Eiffel tower light show. After the cruise we walked under the tower and made a promise to come back (as soon as possible...) Tres romantic.


Sorry for the long post, but hope this will help you out.



OEC57




|||



oec57, sounds like you had a wonderfully romantic 25th anniversary trip, congratulations! How refreshing to see a man expressing his emotions!




|||



Thank you Helking, but... don%26#39;t tell anyone!!!!! (LOL)





OEC57




|||



We like the Le Calife dinner cruises. Less expensive, more charming boat and not such a traditional French menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment