Wednesday, April 25, 2012

So confused...

I%26#39;m sure there have been 5million topics about this, but I don%26#39;t know where to begin



Location, pricing etc...



When I think I%26#39;ve chosen a hotel, someone tells me it%26#39;s best to stay here...there...everywhere..



Hotel near the Louvre or Elysees? Can anyone provide any insight to a female going to Paris solo for 5 days?(also on a hotel budget, saving for shopping:))




|||



If you want to be close to everything, stay in a single digit arrondisement. If you don%26#39;t mind traveling somewhat to get almost anywhere, then any of the 20 arrondisements will do.





I%26#39;m on a hotel budget too (because I%26#39;m cheap!), and I%26#39;m a single female traveling alone. I%26#39;ve chosen to stay at the Port Royal Hotel (do a search on this and you%26#39;ll find the website here), partly because it gets rave reviews, partly because it%26#39;s quite inexpensive (IMO - 46e a night for a single) while still being mostly central (it%26#39;s on the edge of the 5th near the 13th), and partly because it%26#39;s not a big chain hotel or hostel - I%26#39;m going to France for just 6 days, why would I want something that reminds me of home??





It%26#39;s all in what you%26#39;re after, really. A warning about the Port Royal - they don%26#39;t take credit cards, and they don%26#39;t take internet reservations. You must call them, then send a money order/traveller%26#39;s cheque for 100 euros to get them to hold your room. I didn%26#39;t have a problem with calling them, but I also speak French fluently... the fellow that answered the phone definitely didn%26#39;t speak English (my accent and grammar have suffered of late, although my vocab is still intact). When I sent the traveller%26#39;s cheque, I did it registered mail with a note asking them to e-mail when they received it... I got a reply within 10 days.





Have fun!




|||



I was having the same problem. I finally settled on Hotel Sainte Marie. I%26#39;ve heard great things about this hotel...I mean, it%26#39;s not a 5 star hotel, but it%26#39;s cheap and clean. You can read reviews on it here, and also check their website at: www.hotelsaintemarie.com





My single is costing me 48 euros and it includes a shower! It seems to be in the 2/3 a area, which is pretty close to the centre of town.




|||



The absolutely BEST hotel near the Louvre is the Hotel de Louvre. Recently redone, nice bar, great brasserie, WONDERFUL location. It is a 4-star so it should run you about $350-400 a night.




|||



Ummm, Pixfield - OP stated she is on a budget... that usually does not translate into 300-400 dollar hotel rooms... but thanks.




|||



LOL!! ^^ I thought the same thing! Silly Pix....





Carmela.....my last trip to Paris was a month ago, and I stayed at the hotel St. Jacques on rue des Ecoles (6th I think) with the metro station Maubert/Mutualite. While it was a great hotel, we found that we were always having to make at least 1 connection in the metro stations and decided that if we had stayed closer to the Louvre (main line) it might have been easier.




|||



Oh, I don%26#39;t know. I%26#39;m sure there are people for whom staying in a suite at the Lancaster instead of at the Bristol is what travelling on a budget means...

No comments:

Post a Comment