Thursday, March 29, 2012

slightly used books where to to take them??

Some of may you know I am returning home to Canada after a school year here in France with my daughter. I seem to have accumulated another shopping bag of English novels and such.



Since I have no need to carry them home, (my luggagge issues are just starting to get real ) is there someone out there in Paris who would like them? or a book store I could take them to?



The last HUGE bag of books I took to an English book store in Antibes netted me only 5 euros for well over $300.00 worth of books, so it is not money I want , I just cannot throw away a good book, I even have a hard time throwing out a bad book.(must be the latent librarian in me )



I%26#39;d be glad to drop them someplace if any of you local Paris people want them or know of someone who might.



Hope to meet some of yo tonight at le Coup Chou



ciao Dona ( donaenfrance@tele2.fr )




|||



What a nice offer; I sent you an e-mail.




|||



If they are %26quot;good literature%26quot;, not beach reads, Shakespeare and Company will buy them, not for huge amounts, but better than nothing. The rest, Science Fiction, Chick Lit, etc can be sold at the Canadian bookstore, The Abbey Bookshop (29, rue de la Parcheminerie) near Shakespeare %26amp; Co. There is also the American Library-which will be happy to take the books off of your hands but will pay you nothing.




|||





There%26#39;s also www.bookcrossing.com





You leave a book or two somewhere in PAris ( a park, on a bench, in a cafe) and then post on the site where you left it. People check out your posting and then go and look for it. When the book is read it begins all over again.





It%26#39;s a worldwide %26#39;craze%26#39; so check out if your city is listed TripAdvisor readers :)





But in saying that I think I%26#39;ll take as many as you can give me :)




|||



Do Shakespeare and Company and the Canadian bookseller mentioned above sell %26amp;/or trade used books? I read voraciously and will probably finish a book on the flight over. I thought I%26#39;d like to trade that book for another one to read on the train later in my trip, rather than carrying it around in my luggage.




|||



I go to the San Francisco Book Company to trade in/sell our already read books. I can tell you that they like a lot of that popular Grisham/Clancy but are less crazy about women%26#39;s book club stuff. They are in desperate need of kiddy lit.




|||



I *think* the Tea and Tatterd Pages buy/trade books too but I haven%26#39;t been there in a while.




|||



ptegan and m giroux I%26#39;ve emailed you today contacting me to set up a location after I arrive in Paris on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment