Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Is Chanel Cheaper in Paris? ;)

My mom has a special request to get her some Chanel perfume (for me as well....) while in Paris. I%26#39;m wondering if it%26#39;s less costly than buying it in the States?





Thank you!




|||



You probably won%26#39;t save much, but you%26#39;ll always have the memory of buying it in Paris!




|||



If you buy them from the shops at CDG you%26#39;ll probalby save some euros.We bought 2 Chanel perfumes at 56euros and here, in Greece, they cost over 80euros!!




|||



56euros each.




|||



I found that generally, perfumes and skin care was no cheaper in Paris. I was wanting a particular Dior product, which was E73 in Paris,in the %26quot;duty-free%26quot; store in rue de Rivoli, which was the same price as any other regular store . I bought it for E37 in Tokyo, in the Duty-Free stores.





I%26#39;d expect you%26#39;d buy it cheaper in duty-free in USA, or on-route.




|||



I%26#39;ve heard that perfumes in Paris have a different base (same scent, of course) which stays on longer, and you use less. For the same price, it%26#39;s a better product. Also, when you open perfume, use it! It deteriorates over time, so don%26#39;t just save it for %26quot;special.%26quot;




|||



Is this because it%26#39;s Eau de Parfum? I did buy some Chanel No 5 in Melb, and it didn%26#39;t last more than half and hour on me. I took it back to the place of purchase - they didn%26#39;t believe me, so we sprayed my arm, I hung around for half an hour and they sniffed....amazing!! I got a brand new Eau de Parfum, in exchange. Can%26#39;t remember what it was that I originally bought - I suspect it was Eau de Toilette - not much difference in price.





Lesson - always buy the Eau de Parfum. I don%26#39;t worry about the concentrate (tiny bottle) - as I%26#39;ve found it doesn%26#39;t take long for this to evaporate.




|||



Check the exact price for the particular product you want at home and compare, once you%26#39;re in Paris.





As for EdT vs. EdP, I agree that the latter tends to stay a lot longer due to its concentration. But it also depends on your type of skin. I am only using Chanel%26#39;s EdT and can smell it even late in the day. Now, don%26#39;t talk about American fragrances, mainly Estee Lauder. They%26#39;re gone within hours only.




|||



Chanel isn%26#39;t less expensive in Paris, but it is a better quality. I bought Chanel #5 at the store on Rue Cambron and spent $120 on the largest bottle of eau de parfume. Worth every penny, if you ask me.





On top of the novelty of buying Chanel in Paris at the Chanel store, Christine - the sales attendent - gave me samples of each Chanel perfume for myself (the #5 was a gift.) She said try them and see if I found one I liked. I ended up going back to her later in the week and purchasing Coco Chanel for myself.







Sephora also carries Chanel and I think its a bit cheaper. If you%26#39;re really worried about cost, the duty-free stores in CDG carry all of the Chanel scents and are noticably less expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment