Thursday, March 29, 2012

How do I get a good haircut (ladies') in Paris?

I was going to book in to get my hair cut before my Paris trip when I thought a new style would be a great %26#39;souvenir%26#39; from Paris. BUT what are the customs for hairdressers in Paris? For example, are all the hairdresser%26#39;s reliable or are you best to get advice first about who is good? Can you just walk in or a prior appointments needed? Here in Australia you expect the stylist to do exactly what you ask for but I%26#39;ve heard that in Europe one treats the stylist like a professional whose advice is to be fully accepted and followed. Is this accurate? And how much would I expect to pay for the %26#39;average good%26#39; haircut, that is, not bottom of the line nor high end exclusive either?





I apologise for the number of questions but I%26#39;m hoping that all we posters who are interested in the fashion and %26#39;what to wear%26#39; threads will be just as interested in commenting on hairstyles!!!




|||



I get my hair cut at Toni %26amp; Guy which is an international salon. Toni %26amp; Guy has a salon at 248 Rue St. Honore in the 1st Arr., also close to Cafe Ruc. FYI: this salon company is the creator of TIGI and Bedhead hair products.




|||



People have asked about salons before, but I think that you bring up some interesting points concerning what to expect...



I go to Jean Marc Maniatis, a chain that has a special %26quot;technique.%26quot; When the girl took out her razor I thought she was going to ruin my hair, but it turns out to be the best hair cut I%26#39;ve ever had and I am a maniac about my hair. Until finding them I was using my Montreal hair dresser, despite having left the city 11 years ago!!!



I told her to keep the length and let her decide the rest, kind of de rigeur if you want a more European look. It was about 90 euros and appointments are highly recommended.



http://www.maniatis.com/



If you want to have more say in the cut, there are chains all over the city... Jean Louis David, Franck Prevost...Biguine and they will pretty much do what ever you ask. The prices are lower and no appoint. necessary




|||



I agree with Phread about the Jean Marc Maniatis Salons. When I was last in Paris I walked in to the salon in St. Germain des Pres and was able to get an appointment for later that day. It was the best haircut I have ever gotten and I am very particular about my hair. I can%26#39;t even find anyone in Manhattan that I like. The stylist%26#39;s name, if I remember correctly, was Marco. He spent a lot of time with me and cut my hair wet, half dry and then dry. I got so many compliments when I returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment