Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hair Straightening Irons

I recently returned from the U.K. and Continental Europe and had no problems using my hair dryer or ceramic straightening iron. I%26#39;ve read through several posts stating that people have had major problems with using these devices overseas. If you want to be able to use these items properly overseas, make sure your iron or dryer is DUAL WATTAGE. This is an absolute must. You can tell if your appliance is dual wattage if it says 120-240v - or you can simply buy appliances which are dual wattage on the packaging. Another tip is to buy a wattage convertor - just in case. I bought one from magellan.com and I used it with all my dual wattage appliances (just in case) and had absolutely no problems in london, paris, or rome. london, however, seems to use a lot more power than the other countries and my transformer/convertor got a bit hot so I turned it off periodically. Also, don%26#39;t forget to buy adaptors to the countries you will be visiting! AND! most hotels now have hair dryers for you to use in your rooms, but when I was in Rome, my hotel room dryer didn%26#39;t work so I was glad I brought my small travel dryer. Hope this helps!




|||



Thank you for this good advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment