Thursday, March 29, 2012

Has anyone used www.accomline.com to book a hotel? Hotel...

I pre-booked my hotel online directly through their website (Hotel D%26#39;Albe). I just have seen the same room, but with a buffet breakfast for 120 euro total less. I e-mailed hotel with a screen print asking them to match the rates and telling them if they can%26#39;t I will cancel with them and book through the website. Is it doable? Will the hotel retaliate by not providing the room I want? What to do?!




|||



Personally, I would not want to stay there after canceling and rebooking, especially since they would know it.





It might have gone a bit smoother if you had asked them to match the rate but left out the bit about %26#39;if you can%26#39;t I%26#39;ll cancel%26quot;..they might have obliged your request.





and no one can say how the hotel might %26#39;retaliate%26#39;. Paris hotels do have very dissimilar rooms and often don%26#39;t assign them until you check in.





You might want to look for a different hotel... either way this goes, you might not be happy.




|||



I have not cancelled yet, I am awaiting for their responce in re-booking. Actually, this hotel would have been perfect with breakfast included and all, they have been pretty agreeable on the phone. I will follow up with a phone call and if it can%26#39;t be worked out, I will search for another hotel within the same location. I hope they will be understanding and not take it personally: It is not personal, it is business. I am willing to tip the front desk person for a good room, or a manager, I am even willing to mention it in the follow-up phone call. Is it ethical in France? I know it works like a charm in NY and Canada and Carribean and Mexico.





What do you think? And no, it is not: %26quot;Here come Americans, waiving their dollars and buying up the world%26#39;s affection%26quot; It is simply a tip for a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment