Thursday, March 29, 2012

Defaced Luggage Tag with French--Translation Please!

Hello-





I just got back from my trip on June 1. It was our first time to Paris and it was wonderful.





I purchased a cute pink owl luggage tag to identify my luggage from the numerous black roller ones. I was afraid it might have been taken but it arrived in Paris without a hitch. When we returned to LAX the tage was still on my suitcase but on the side of the owl (on his body) there was DEBOT and a T underneath that in black marker. I wondered what DEBOT means? I checked on google language tools but it did not translate.





I tried wiping it off and some did come off. I%26#39;m a little sad but my owl now looks like a little metro graffiti owl. I%26#39;ll always remember Paris :-)





Merci!




|||



Debot doesn%26#39;t mean anything in French, it might be short for something else but i can%26#39;t think of anything.




|||



Could it maybe be %26quot;dePot%26quot;? If so and you left your luggage in a left-luggage place it would maen %26quot;Deposit%26quot; and the T might be some kind of date or location code???





(Yes, I know it%26#39;s a stretch...)




|||



Thank you both. It%26#39;s probably just an abbreviation for something. At least I%26#39;ll always have my memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment