Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Is it possible to get a decent airfare to Nice in the...

Does anyone know where I can get an airline ticket from DFW to Nice, France, for under $1,000 in August? I am willing to make one stop, not crazy about changing airports. I don%26#39;t need a place to stay. Am I being unrealistic?




|||



I searched prices from Nice to Dallas and was surprised to find a minimum of around 1,200 dollars in August. Seems a lot considering that London LAX return can be done for 400 dollars in winter but I suppose they charge what the market will bear.




|||



Try this site:





http://www.sidestep.com/air/search.jsp





I found quite a number of fares just north of $1K, but they may involve long layovers. I only checked one, at around $1020 from British Airways, that had about an 11 hour layover both ways in LGW. That%26#39;s not all bad though since it gives you more than enough time to nip into London for a little sightseeing or shopping or whatever...





Here%26#39;s another site to try:





http://www.itasoftware.com/





I have not tried this one. Got to get some work done! ;%26gt;)





Good luck!




|||



how about priceline? or register yourself with travelocity, etc. to notify you when the price goes down.




|||



Thanks for your replies. I will search your suggestions. I am actually going to stay with some Brits! They get cheap tickets going through Luton.





I may have to bite the bullet! Great idea about registering to get low price alerts.





Thanks!




|||



if this isn%26#39;t too late, try www.eujet.com



they fly from an ex RAF bomber base (Manston) in Kent, about 70 miles south of London





I paid total ��160 for three tickets to Nice




|||



If you come via England check out www.easyjet.com


The earlier you book, the cheaper they are. They fly to Nice from Stansted (generally cheapest), Luton and Gatwick. I think you would have a job to beat them - they are Cheap and V. Good. EU Jet from Manston gets bad comments in %26#39;Holiday Truths%26#39; forums.




|||



look at www.europeasap.com



We%26#39;ve found air fare w/ a car for $600/person

No comments:

Post a Comment