Thursday, March 29, 2012

TGV train from charles de gaulle airport

Hi, I am new to all this. I have been trying to book a tgv to lyon on the sncf site and I keep getting a technical error message. I am using aeroport charles de gaulle 2tgv as the rail station. Is this correct? I can get the train schedule on the rail europe website, but I read that sncf is less expensive. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks






|||



Try using AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV exactly as I typed it and all in caps and see if that helps. The SNCF site is not always the easiest to use and it can be balky, but yes it is the best site to use.





One other question occurs to me. When are you planning to travel? You cannot book earllier than 60 days out so if you are trying to book for a trip any time after that you will not be able to.





But neither will anyone else. The other sites will just take your money and book your ticket when the 60 day window opens.





Hope this helps.




|||



I am planning on traveling the end of July so within 60 days. If our plane lands at 11:20 in terminal 2 should we be able to claim luggage,clear customs and catch a 1:11 tgv? Thanks




|||



Should not be a problem if your plane is not delayed.




|||



I tried again but could only get schedules on the french site. Is it possible to book on the english page because my high school french is 30 something years old? Thanks




|||



Yes, you can make bookings from the English site. I have heard of a problem with that site on the page where they ask for your personal info. I think there is a box that says something like %26quot;translation needed%26quot; right under where your email address is required. If you come across that it should, I think, say %26quot;confirm email address.%26quot; If you run across the issue try that solution.





Bonne chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment