Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Taxi in Paris

Hi there,





I%26#39;m going for a 4 day vacation to Paris and I would like to have some sort of transportation. Does anyone know some phone numbers of some good taxi companies I can call while I%26#39;m in Paris?





I%26#39;m planning on visiting the following places:





Saint-Germain-des-Pres



The Catacombs



Buddha Bar



The Eiiffel Tower





Thank you very much!





Aquiles




|||



Use the metro. Its easy and you can get anywhere in Paris in 20 minutes.




|||



If, for some reason, you must use a taxi, you might ask your hotel where the nearest taxi rank is (if you are able to walk to it). When a taxi is summoned, the meter starts from wherever they are - at least, that is how it was explained to me.





If you are physically able to use the subway / metro system, it does provide extensive service within Paris very inexpensively.





To answer your question, here are a couple of taxi company phone numbers:





Taxi Bleus: 01 49 36 10 10



Alpha Taxi: 01 45 85 85 85




|||



I agree that the metro is easy and, if traffic is heavy, it%26#39;s also decidedly quicker than a taxi. We used both. It%26#39;s always easy to get a taxi from a big hotel, but we had mixed experiences trying to get a taxi from the designated taxi stands around town... once there was a taxi but the driver had left (she eventually returned and drove us to our destination), another time we waited 10 minutes and saw probably a dozen taxis pass but none stopped (all were full).




|||



Add TAXIS G7 to the previous two companies listed and your access to the three largest taxi companies in Paris





TAXIS BLEU--



http://www.taxis-bleus.com/A_index.html





ALPHA TAXIS--



http://www.alphataxis.com/noticelegale.php





TAXIS G-7--



http://www.taxisg7.com/





For a list of local Taxi Ranks with telephones and locations throughout Paris--



infotaxiparis.free.fr/pages/en/en_bornes.htm




|||



Most of the metered taxis are good, but it helps to have the address you need to get to written down if your pronunciation isn%26#39;t good, which mine is not.





I also had one sour experience on a Saturday night, when I was waiting at a taxi stand, and a taxi pulled up. He asked if I spoke English only, and when I replied yes, he said the price was 30 euros, more than twice what it should be. He was not French, but a middle eastern immigrant. I told him he was a dirty crook, and I was calling the police, and he sped off, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment