Saturday, March 24, 2012

Times to avoid the Metro?

I read in another post about an awful crush on the metro at about 5pm. Can anyone tell me what times we should avoid the metro so we dont ride when its busy? I%26#39;d guess 8-9 and 4-6. Would that be about right?





Thanks






|||



Any time that is %26quot;rush%26quot; hour in any city would be the time to avoid the metro if you don%26#39;t want to deal with crowds. And, of course, late at night if you don%26#39;t know where you%26#39;re going.




|||



Some of the main lines--as an example the #1 ligne through central Paris--at rush hour will get quite crowded and you might want select Metro routes that avoid connections to it if you can but if you%26#39;re away from the %26#39;core%26#39; of the city, though most Metro lignes will be busier than usual, they%26#39;re not usually all that bad. Perhaps what should be avoided during rush hours more than the Metro, which is merely crowded are public buses which are both crowded and slowed by traffic.




|||



Also try to avoid the metro late on weekend nights. I%26#39;m referring specifically to the Champs Elysees area. It took me a few trains before I could wedge my way on %26amp; make it back to my hotel. Alot of people were coming %26amp; going to hang out at restaurants/bars on Champs Elysees.



(And as a sidenote--- for some odd reason, there was some crazy guy running back %26amp; forth hitting me and others on the back of the head as we were trying to get onto the train. Quite bizarre)

No comments:

Post a Comment