Thursday, March 29, 2012

Driving southern France

We are going to fly into Nice, rent a car for touring Provence and end up in Lyons, dropping the car ther and taking the train to Paris. Anyone have any suggestions as to the best car rental company? I have always heard a lot of horror stories about car rental in Europe.






|||



I have rented cars in Europe dozens of times in at least a half dozen countries, most frequently in France. I cannot recall ever having a significant problem.





Most of my rentals have been from Europcar, and I have for many years booked through a small local agency. I think most people here who have used autoeurope.com have been happy with their service and prices, but do a search on the forums to confirm this. I have not used them myself. You will almost certainly save quite considerably by booking and paying for your car in $$ before leaving for France.





Avis and Hertz have also been satisfactory on the odd occasions I have used them.





I%26#39;m curious though. What are these horror stories you have heard?





Bonne route!

No comments:

Post a Comment