Tuesday, March 27, 2012

From Charles-de-Gaulle to Reims

Hello, Could somebody tell me how to get from the Charles-de-Gaulle Airoport to Reims, please? I know I can take the train to Reims. I was searching on the internet, but there is so many types of trains and railway stations, that I am afraid I could get completely lost or miss the train. Could somebody tell me what would be the best option? Thanks




|||



What you need to do is take the RER suburban train form CDG to the Gare du Nord in Paris. This will take you about 30 to 40 minutes depending on the train.





From the Gare du Nord you will need to transfer on foot most likely to the Gare de l%26#39;Est from which trains for Reims leave.





The distance between the two stations is about 400 metres.





The whole trip, including connection time should take you around 2.5 hours.





You can research timetables and fares on www.ratp.fr for the RER bit and www.sncf.com for the mainline train segment. Both sites have English language options.





You need to use AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV as your departure staion from CDG when you are doing your research on these sites. I think you can buy a through ticket in CDG so you don%26#39;t have to deal with separate ticket lines.





If you need more info about how to navigage the two stations in Paris, ask on the Paris forum.





Hope this helps.




|||



Thank you IrishRovr for your detailed plan, how to get to Reims, I believe it will really help me in France, at least I have an idea where and how to go, now i am going to find the information about the tickets and learn new Franch words:-)



Thanks, travellerEurope




|||



You are most welcome!





Don%26#39;t hesitate to ask for more clarification if you need it.





Bon voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment