Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Metro and Zoning Help

First of I%26#39;ll be coming in On Air France. I have heard that in the terminal itself I can purchase both a museum pass and metro tickets. Is this true and where in the airport can I buy them. Secondly what type of metro pass should I get. I%26#39;ll be in paris from Mon- Thurs and will be taking the metro a lot. I have notice in lot of other post people were talking about zones. Can someone go into detail about that for me? And should I buy a Carnte Orange or a Carnte of tickets. Thanks.




|||



You would have to go to the RER station at either Terminal 1 or Terminal 2. Central Paris (within all the tourist areas) is Zone 1 and maybe a slice of Zone 2. The Carte Orange would work for you, Zones 1-2, for 15.4Euro - it begins Mon and goes thru Sun, so that fits your visit. You use and reuse the ticket in the metro / RER turnstiles, but you do NOT use the ticket for the bus - just show your photo id.





A carnet of tickets allows 10 metro or bus rides; the CO pass allows unlimited rides during the Mon-Sun period.





If you take the RER into Paris from the airport, then buy a single ticket for 7.8Euro (just for this one ride). The airport is Zone 5, so a Zone 1-2 CO won%26#39;t cover it (and a Zone 1-5 CO is twice as much, so no need to pay extra for just the airport ride).

No comments:

Post a Comment