Saturday, April 21, 2012

First trip to Paris

Hey everyone! My husband and I are going to Paris in September for our 1 year anniversary, and we%26#39;re both really excited.





We hope to spend a day at Versailles, visit all the museums and touristy spots, and we have reservations at Jules Vernes and the %26#39;R%26#39;. Any other suggestions for first timers?





Aslo, my biggest problem right now is the hotel. I%26#39;ve spent hours upon hours looking at hotels, reading reviews, and checking out pictures. But it seems that for every good review, there%26#39;s a bad one.





We are looking to spend $200-300 a night, so as much luxury as I can get with that budget! :-) I%26#39;d love a view of the Eiffel tower, and maybe the Seine. I know we won%26#39;t spend too much time in the room, but I%26#39;d love to have a balcony to relax on at the end of a busy day.





I%26#39;ve looked at everything from Cambon, Crillon, Intercontinental, Splendid, Castiglione, Louvre Montana, etc., but just can%26#39;t decide! I think areas 1 and 8 are what we%26#39;d like.





I%26#39;d really appreciate any suggestions or thoughts. Thank you!




|||



Well if you can affrod a room with balcony overlooking the Place de la Concorde at the Crillon, i would say you would get the most amazing view in Paris. Not sure about the price though...




|||



I%26#39;d LOVE to stay at the Crillon! :-) But the cheapest I can find that is around $675. Any other hotels with a similar view, but a little cheaper?




|||



Just returned from my own first trip. We stayed at the Hotel Raphael in a suite with a balcony and the view you describe; it was expensive but extremely romantic and perfectly wonderful (watched two sunrises and a sunset in our bathrobes). It%26#39;s on the edge of the 16th, a block from the Arc de Triomphe and literally a few steps away from Kleber metro stop. Check for at deat at auction on luxurylink.com. If you decide you can%26#39;t afford to stay there, you can still have drinks on its rooftop and enjoy the same view for the price of a cocktail.





For romantic meals, I recommend a dinner cruise on the Don Juan - it seats 34 and you travel in absolute splendor on a wood and brass yacht built in the 30s; fabulous gourmet food and unbelievable ambience as you pass under 30 different bridges and watch the city dress up in its splendid lights. We had several wonderful meals, including Taillevent, but none more romantic than the Don Juan (we booked through our concierge - there%26#39;s a reservation fee of around 40 euros but it%26#39;s applied to your bill).




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Well if you can affrod a room with balcony overlooking the Place de la Concorde at the Crillon%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





Those are not %26#39;..rooms..%26#39; but rather the most expensive %26#39;..suites..%26#39; in the hotel and the only ones facing the Place de la Concorde.

No comments:

Post a Comment