Saturday, April 21, 2012

Jules Verne

I want to book for my parents to go to lunch at Jules Verne in July. Does anyone know if I am kidding myself thinking I would get a reservation at this late stage? Also what sort of price is it for starters, mains, desserts? thanks.




|||



Call them directly, beg, lie and ask for Monday-Friday prix-fix lunch.





It should be around 54 euro per person and includes appetizer, entree and desert. I have not been yet, we are going in August, but it was quite an effort getting a reservation. They will accomodate you no problem on a weekend, but there is no 54 euro special, only 125 euro tasting menu.




|||



Call them directly, beg, lie and ask for Monday-Friday prix-fix lunch.





It should be around 54 euro per person and includes appetizer, entree and desert. I have not been yet, we are going in August, but it was quite an effort getting a reservation. They will accomodate you no problem on a weekend, but there is no 54 euro special, only 125 euro tasting menu.




|||



I called about two months in advance and there was several days availabe for lunch. Of course, it was in March when there weren%26#39;t as many tourists. I didn%26#39;t have any trouble at all, asked for a window seat and got it. They suggested 1pm but the hotel concierge said to get there by 12:30 to make sure I would get the window seat. What a nice idea to do for your parents




|||



I just emailed for August and got a reservation for lunch. It took about 3-4 days before they returned my email.




|||



Lunch is much easier than dinner.. you should have no problems.




|||



Also, there are many last minute lunch places when people aren%26#39;t able to make their reservations. If you can%26#39;t get a place by phone, try a few days before. There are almost always available places.




|||



Thanks all for your tips, now just cross your fingers that i get the reservation!!




|||



I booked from the following site: www.reservethebest.com/_en_/restaurant.php… I sent in just last Friday and received notice today that I was booked. My reservation is for the first week in July so you should still be good.





-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment