Sunday, April 15, 2012

Live 8 (Live Aid 2) in Paris on July 2

Hey, did you all hear about this? It was just officially announced today.



I had been hearing rumors about London hosting a Live 8 concert for a few weeks now. As I%26#39;ll be in London on July 2 and am extremely excited (and have all my fingers crossed I%26#39;ll get a ticket). My hotel is just across the street from the venue, Hyde Park.



And now Bob Geldof just announced that there will be concerts also in Philly, Paris, Berlin and Rome. The Paris concert is to be held at the foot of the Eiffel Tower.



The shows are free but you have to win tickets thru text messaging.





billboard.com/bb/…




|||



See you wandered over here from the London Forum Holly! Good luck with getting your ticket!




|||



LOL EnglishRose.. yes, I frequent both forums.



I love both cities and am going back to both this summer.



Can%26#39;t wait! (25 days and counting down...)




|||



Crap!



we are going to be in paris also on the 2



but the last thing i want is to add to the hordes of tourist that will already be there




|||



Relieved to hear you like London Holly. No one seems to like it on this forum!




|||



Holly-I was a little disheartened to hear that Live8 would be in Paris during our honeymoon. While I support their cause, I think it%26#39;s going to be a bit inconvenient. I did some research though, and it actually looks like the concert is going to be at Versailles. I found that information at the official Live8 site:





http://www.live8live.com/theconcerts.shtml




|||



Guess I should have read more of the page...While the %26quot;Where%26quot; clearly says Versailles, the %26quot;Who%26#39;s Taking Part%26quot; says the Eiffel Tower? Anyone able to clarify this...I will end up going whichever place has the smaller crowds




|||



Yeah, if you have no interest in attending, the thought of approx. 100,000 people gathering at the Eiffel Tower can be worrisome.



But Paris shouldn%26#39;t be as crazy as London. During that same i London will also be Wimbledon, Gay Pride Parade, plus apparently Bob Geldof wants to start a (weeklong) march from London to Scotland where the G8 conference is going on. And there is something else big going on that week, but don%26#39;t recall what it is right now. So it will be chaos in London for sure.



So I guess July 2nd, stay away from the Eiffel Tower and perhaps head to Versailles that day ;-) (assuming of course the concert will in fact be at the Tower)




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt; Relieved to hear you like London Holly. No one seems to like it on this forum! %26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





englishrose -





On the contrary, I like London a lot. Lived there for several years in fact. And was there for a few days over Easter had a good time, and great weather too...) and passing through on my way to Cheshire earlier this month.





London and Paris are very different but each in its own way is a marvellous city to visit.





Cheers!




|||



On the same note as Irishrover, I too am a big fan of London. In fact, this will be the first time that I am going to europe and am not visiting London. I almost want to make a side trip to London just for the heck of it...but unfortunately I am planning on over spending my budget on shoes and clothing in Paris ;)





Live8!!!! I wish I were in London...but the Paris line up doesn%26#39;t sound so exciting. Holly have fun!




|||



Thanks for that Irishrover and Cedre. They certainly are very different cities you are right.

No comments:

Post a Comment