Saturday, April 21, 2012

Disneyland for a day?

I%26#39;m planning a day trip to Disneyland Paris in July. I am seriously considering if I can do it in a day (and save some money). I have found flights at reasonable prices... I%26#39;ll be coming from Switzerland, so the flights are only 1 hour each way. Specifically I have found flights as follows:





20 July



Geneva -%26gt; Paris d9:00-a10:10



Paris -%26gt; Geneva d8:00-a21:10





This allows for almost 10 hours in Paris (if all goes to plan). If I could pull this off as a day trip then Disneyland would be the only commitment...





What do you guys think? Could I pull it off in a day? Would you recommend it?





Thanks




|||



Could you do it? Probably yes. Would I do it? Probably not, but I am not you.





There is (in theory at least) a VEA shuttle bus from either CDG or ORY to Disneyland which takes about 45 minutes, and costs 14 Euros each way. The recommendation is that you take a return shuttle leaving no later than 2.5 hours before your flight time. That gives you, at best, about six hours at the park, by the time you allow time to find the shuttle when you arrive.





One alternative would be to take the TGV to/from the Gare de Lyon, which would mean leaving Geneva at 07:51 to arrive at Gare de Lyon at 11:27. from gare de Lyon it uis a straight shot on the RER to Marne-la-Vallee, the station for Disneyland. You could be there by about 12:15. Leaving at 18:00 should give you ample time to get the 19:10 Paris to Geneva TGV, arriving back in Geneva at 22:45. The cost could be as low as 70 Euros RT plus the RER fare if you book online and can get a discounted fare. That also gives you about six hours at the park.





The other possibility would be to take the train from Geneva to Lyon, and change to a train taking you straight to Marne-la-Vallee. This way you could leave Geneva at 07:08 and arrive at Marne la-Vallee at 11:07. Leaving Marne-la-Vallee at 19:01 you would be back in Geneva at 23:07. The RT cost would be about 130 Euros, but you have almost eight hours at the park.





Obviously the last option would give you the most time at the park, and might in many ways be the easiest and least stressful.





I don%26#39;t know how much your plane fare is, but I%26#39;d probably take one or other of the train options rather than the plane.





But then I%26#39;m not you...





Hope this helps.




|||





Unless this is some sort of %26#39;..bet..%26#39; or part of a contest for a %26#39;reality TV..%26#39; program,.....you would pretty much need to be DESPARATE to visit DISNEYLAND PARIS to attempt to try to do it in a day-trip fromGeneva. Even Paris from Geneva as a daytrip is a BIG stretch. Is this a contest from a realty TV program?




|||



No.....





And the way IrishRovr (thank you) described, it can be easily done with 8 hours to burn at the park. So much for a local expert...




|||



You%26#39;re welcome, bobbyclein -





As I said, I wouldn%26#39;t do it myself, but it makes at least as much sense to me as taking a day trip from Paris to London or Bruges or Amsterdam, all of which have been encouraged on this list, especially if all you want to do is visit Disneyland.





I do think it would be a pity not to spend the same amount of time in Paris rather than Disneyland if you only have a day to spare.





But as I said, I am not you...




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;And the way IrishRovr (thank you) described, it can be easily done with 8 hours to burn at the park. So much for a local expert...%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





I certainly can%26#39;t fault the train scheduling from Geneva/ DP/Geneva. I would argue that in practical tems, the very BEST you could hope for in DP would be 7 hours for your 8-9 hours of travel--but that%26#39;s a quibble...as opposed to say 10-12 hours in London for 6 hours of travel time. Add up a 137 Euro r.t. train fare + 41 Euro DP admission and that comes to 25+ Euro per hour for DP. But...it%26#39;s your time and your hard earned Euros...so go for it. Be sure to let us know how it worked out for you afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment