Saturday, April 21, 2012

Catacombes now open?????

The website now reads as though the Catacombs have re-opened. Can any locals or (very) recent travellers confirm? Even better, does anyone know what%26#39;s new and different amongst all the old bones?




|||



Haven%26#39;t been there yet, but i know they will be opening a couple of galleries that had been closed for a while.The old galleries will be just the same : bones, bones, bones and skulls.




|||



I do hope that the Catacombs are not on the same



opening schedule as L%26#39;Orangerie !




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;opening schedule as L%26#39;Orangerie !%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





I%26#39;m afraid that this may be overly positive thinking. It%26#39;s pretty clear by now that %26#39;..closed schedule..%26#39; is the more appropriate term.




|||



Did I get too excited too soon? This is what I read on the web site. Do I have my past and future tenses confused? I%26#39;ll be so disappointed if I have!





Apr��s plusieurs mois de fermeture, les catacombes rouvrent leurs portes : le parcours des visiteurs s���enrichit des galeries du secteur Port-Mahon qui ��taient ferm��es au public depuis 1995. Ces galeries abritent deux maquettes sculpt��es par un ancien carrier, incontestable curiosit�� du circuit.




|||



CKandK -





You have your tenses right!





The translation of the passage you posted is: %26quot;After having been closed for several months, the catacombs are re-opening. The visit will be made the richer by the galleries of the Port-Mahon sector which have been closed since 1995. These galleries contain two models sculpted by an ancient quarryman, a true curiosity of the tour.%26quot;




|||



Great!! It goes back onto the itinerary!





Thanks





C




|||



This is good news! As I will be back in Paris for only one day and I was hoping to visit the Catacombs. As well as a few other things/places I didn%26#39;t get to see/go when I was there the other month.




|||





Does it list an opening date (I promise to take it with %26quot;a grain of salt%26quot;)?




|||



Yay, I really want to go there.




|||



By the way.. I found this site last night. Its a virtual tour of the Catacombs.



http://triggur.org/cata/

No comments:

Post a Comment