Thursday, April 12, 2012

yikes! Passport expired

Don%26#39;t know what good fairy made me check- but I%26#39;m grateful! Everyone%26#39;s passport is valid through 2007 except mine, which expires 7 days before we are scheduled to depart. I%26#39;ve gotten the expedited renewal paperwork done and sent (along with a HEINOUS new picture)- but that was a close one! check your passports, y%26#39;all!




|||



As one Kentuckian to another--that may be the very first time I%26#39;ve seen %26quot;y%26#39;all%26quot; used in this forum! :)




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;along with a HEINOUS new picture)-%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





Have you EVER seen a good passport picture? The photos on the FBI%26#39;s Most Wanted List usually more attractive--even with numbers across their chests. I live in fear that I will be kidnapped by terrorist and the only photo of me for the 6 O%26#39;Clock news will be my passport photo. The audience will feel sympathy FOR the terrorists.




|||



I gotta say, KDK, my passport photo is actually good! I guess I just got lucky...it%26#39;s certainly not that I%26#39;m all that attractive in real life! I have a good driver%26#39;s license photo, too. Maybe it%26#39;s just the %26#39;mug shot%26#39; mentality that makes me smile extra good. Wonder what that says about me?




|||



With pre-offered apologiie...but I simply can%26#39;t lay off a high, hanging change-up....It probably means someone else has been posing for your ID photos.




|||



Don%26#39;t just check to see if the passport is expired. You may not be allowed to travel if it is within 6 months of expiration. US airlines will enforce this. I think it is the recieving country that will reject you because they are afraid that if you stay to long your home country will reject you...or so I%26#39;ve been told.




|||



Aaah KDK - that was mean! But you could be right. Although I%26#39;ve never had them stop me and say, %26quot;Hey, this isn%26#39;t you!%26quot; - so I guess my %26#39;stand in%26#39; and I look reasonably alike (on a good day).




|||



I look like an axe murderer in my photol I am constantly amazed that they actually let me into the country!!




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Aaah KDK - that was mean! But you could be right. Although I%26#39;ve never had them stop me and say, %26quot;Hey, this isn%26#39;t you!%26quot; - so I guess my %26#39;stand in%26#39; and I look reasonably alike (on a good day).%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





Not nearly as mean as the DMV personnel who keep refusing to allow me to use a studio publicty still of Cary Grant (circa Houseboat) for my driver%26#39;s license photo. I keep tellin%26#39; %26#39;em that%26#39;s the face I see in the mirror every morning when I shave...and they keep tellin%26#39; me that I need a new mirror...NEXT !!




|||



On my ID picture, I look like the woman in the %26quot;Addams family%26quot; (can%26#39;t remember her name) !!! Can%26#39;t believe they let me enter the US territory with that picture !!




|||



Well, on mine...you know how when you are messing around with your digital prints on your computer, and you get the scale wrong? That is, too skinny or too wide? Well, it seems they must have digitilized my passport photo, and in the process somehow they made my face wider than it really is! REALLY! I%26#39;m NOT just saying that! :-) I%26#39;m bummed about it, but what can one do?





lasscass

No comments:

Post a Comment