Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What you can do until you can get back to Paris

This evening I went to Cafe Claude in San Francisco



for dinner only to find it is still closed for restoration.



So around the corner to Le Central for a marvelous



meal, gracious host and waitperson.





I%26#39;ve had my fix for this month. I think I%26#39;ll



yet survive to see Paris again.





But, what am I going to do next month ?





Aha, Le Mis is back in town !






|||



Hi Randy - I%26#39;m currently reading %26quot;Toujours Provence%26quot; - not strictly Paris, but close enough.





It all helps.





Sandra




|||



i%26#39;ve been attending French classes at the Alliance Francaise regularly,so as not to lose a grip on the language,albeit at its infancy stage.my objective is,to at least,be able to understand and perhaps speak the language,so that i can immersed myself in its culture,food,way of life effortlessly.i figure i do not need to be french to understand everything,but i feel better if i know something of anything,rather than zilch..



Le Mis in town? well,the former star of the Paris Opera -



Marie-Claude Pietragalla will be performing in the Singapore Arts Festival tonight and tomorrow.so had already book the tickets to watch Stravinsky%26#39;s The Rite of Spring and Les Noces tomorow night.oh la..la..




|||



I%26#39;m taking a conversational french/culture class starting next week, the instructor is from France not just an american student so I%26#39;m very excited. And of course reading books about France (coincidentally, I just picked up a couple of the %26quot;Provence%26quot; books last night and a Marie A. bio.) And then I%26#39;m babbling and muttering around the office trying to translate phrases like %26quot;when were the croissants made?%26quot; It%26#39;s truly a sickness.





we have a Le Central here in the Denver area.... wondering if it%26#39;s the same folks. hmmm...




|||



I%26#39;m taking a French class. I%26#39;ve met a really nice French guy here who%26#39;s here working for a year and he%26#39;s promised to help me sound French!! Otherwise, I%26#39;m basically driving everyone else crazy with my constant talk of how much I want to go back to Paris.




|||



I subscribe to French magazines, so I get a monthly fix. I also listen to RadioFrance and various Paris radio stations on the internet. We have a couple of outstanding French restaurants in the DC area.




|||



Truffaut - Could you recommend some good French restaurants in DC? I%26#39;m in B%26#39;more and we have a few, but I%26#39;m always up for a trip down the parkway - especially if it means good French food!!




|||



My Phantom of the Opera CD is almost worn out !




|||



If you have DISH network, for an extra $9.95 per month you can get a French TV station. My French is still too limited to get ten dollar%26#39;s worth of entertainment or information so I%26#39;m not getting it. Might help for those who are closer to fluent than myself.





Nosara




|||



Lunch as frequently as possible at Bistrot Margot in Soho. It%26#39;s not Paris, but as authentic as you can get in NYC -





Like a night in the Marais - bon appetit!





Live to Travel



NYC

No comments:

Post a Comment