Saturday, April 21, 2012

Nice, France

Hello ... we are thinking of going to Nice, France around 25 August for a week ... someone mentioned that was when Nice %26quot;closed down%26quot; for their summer break ... would anyone be able to tell me if this is the case? I don%26#39;t want to book a holiday to a lovely but closed (short of a maybe a few restaurants) location. Thank you




|||



I sure hope not!!! I think it%26#39;s Paris and other northern parts of France that%26#39;s shut down. Meaning, almost everyone goes on vacation and close up their businesses. Most of them head down to the Riviera. Which means, $$$kachiing$$$$. Lots of money to be made from all these tourists! I think most of the businesses WILL be open, maybe for even longer hours!





Then again, I%26#39;ve never been there before :). But when I%26#39;m there this summer, everything better be open




|||



Nice will not be shut down in August. It will be too busy making money off British and American tourists...





BTW, Paris doesn%26#39;t shut down in August either. Some small businesses and restaurants close for a week or two, but it is no longer true (and never really was) that Parisians desert the city en masse in August like so many lemmings...




|||



Shut down in August???? I am going in September and evenif it%26#39;s slightly off-season the town is not shut down at all. Slightly cheaper prices but not for the 1st 2 weeks of Sept.

No comments:

Post a Comment