Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hotel in Paris, Need a nice one - What about the Quality...

I need a nice hotel in Paris for a week. Around the 70 - 120 Euros a day mark. Has anyone ever stayed in the Quality Hotel Pierre Arc De Triomphe? I see its rated as a 4Star on the website but another website has led me to believe that its a 3Star. My main queries apart from this are: is it nice, is it clean ( v.important )? Any tips would be delightfully received. Many Thanks, Shane, Dublin






|||



No way it could be a 4-star.





It is located near the NW edge of Paris, by metro: Pereire, a bit far out especially for first-time visitors (if you are that).





Did you check for any reviews here on TA?...




|||



Thanks TravelNutty, I stayed in the 17th before in a crap hotel and a quite average hotel. I don%26#39;t remember this one but the reviews on this site are great and I can find any reviews on any other websites which makes me suspicious. I just want to know that its really clean ( not for my own part, of course!). Do you know of anywhere else that I could look? Thanks for your help. Its much appreciated.




|||



Found this message (2002) on Fodors:



%26quot;..Author: Katie H



Date: 07/22/2002, 10:25 pm



In April we stayed at the Quality Hotel Pierre Arc de Triomphe and liked it very much....



The rooms were very nicely decorated. We had a corner room which had a rather large and attractive bath. The other couple traveling with us had a room very similar to ours and decorated identically, but with a smaller interior bath. (We were paying the same price - so I would request a corner room.) The couple we traveled with booked their entire trip through USAir Vacations. We had already booked tickets but wanted to stay at the same hotel. I checked prices at all the consolodator sites and directly with Quality Inn. All were quoting $150 plus tax plus additional charge for breakfast. I called USAir Vacations and asked if I could book just the hotel through them and I was able to. Price was about $130 and included taxes and breakfast and also a discount coupon book and a 2 hours Paris bus tour. The amount was charged to my credit card the same day and they over-nighted a voucher. (there is a penalty for cancelation) The hotel is in a quiet residential neighborhood within easy walking distiance of the Arc d%26#39;Triomphe and an RER/subway station. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend it...%26quot;






|||



Thanks a million for that. You are very kind. I am in your debt. Thanks again and take care. Good people like you are hard to find. Shane, Dublin.

No comments:

Post a Comment