Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hotel-Dieu

A friend of mine asked if I could find what is written in stone above the entrance of this hotel in Paris.





Thanks



Pjk




|||



Dear Pjk,





The Hotel Dieu is a hospital, not a hotel, per se. I understand that you can stay in rooms at the hospital, which are designed for people who are visiting patients. The Hotel Dieu is located opposite Notre Dame. Sorry that I don%26#39;t remember what is written above the doorway, but maybe the information that it is a hospital may help.





Bon chance!




|||



Merci bien.





Pjk




|||



It%26#39;s just a block from my apt. I have to go to the post office anyway. I%26#39;ll go look and report back.




|||



Nothing but the national motto from the French revolution that appears on all public buildings %26quot;Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite%26quot; and it is indeed written in stone. The only other sign over a door on the hospital was %26quot;Urgences%26quot; over the entrance to the ER.




|||



Brilliant work, metromole!





Next time you%26#39;re heading to the post office in the morning, do you think you could get a couple of croissants and drop them in the mail for me?





Thanks!





:%26gt;))




|||



%26quot;Croissant au beurre%26quot; or %26quot;Croissant light?




|||



Au beurre, bien sur! Je prends jamais les croissants %26quot;lite%26quot; - jamais de ma vie!!! (Ni la biere lite non plus!)





Merci beaucoup!




|||



d%26#39;accord. It%26#39;s tough trying to find really good bread/beer/restaurants in this one-horse town.




|||



In my photos i can read exactly %26quot;HOTEL DIEU%26quot; ... assez surprenant!




|||



I feel sooo sorry for you, metromole...





;%26gt;)

No comments:

Post a Comment