Thursday, April 19, 2012

First day of summer

From the research I%26#39;ve done and from this forum I understand there are celebrations throughout Paris for the fist day of summer (June 21st). Is there specific places that have the music or is it all over. Where is the best place to celebrate?




|||



Hello Linbrit,





June 21 is called %26quot;La fete de la musique%26quot;..............It is a day and night of music....all over Paris (and other countries now too). You will find pubilications in Paris for what is on where....from your hotel or in %26quot;Pariscope%26quot; and the newspapers.





The metro runs all night long (free I think too) and there is music everywhere...just about. It is a all night happening, with people just going from place to place till the wee hours. Bars, cafes, street groups.....anyone that can play an instrument, probably will be out on the street..... Many concerts and live bands performing all over.....some advertized and many not.





Depending on where your hotel is located you might have many groups performing right in your area or check the published listings. The last couple of years there were scheduled performances in Palais Royal, Luxenborg Gardens, Arenes Lutec, rue Mouefftard and many many other places....Coral groups, bands, orchestras.....from jazz and rock to classical.........There are many.......... free....and some very good.





I will be there then too..........maybe we will meet. I will be the one in the white sneakers with a %26quot;Tampa Bay Bucks%26quot; t shirt.....lol.





Tis a great time to be in Paris.




|||



I happened to be in Paris for the first time during this event last year. My first evening there in fact. It was amazing. Every kind of music you could imagine. An english rock band played in front of the corner cafe near my hotel, (mid-way between Rue Cler and The Tour Eiffel) and a huge production for the younger crowd, rappers and pop stars, was going on by the Tour Eiffel. It rained, the band at %26quot;my cafe%26quot; went in for cover, then came back out when it quite raining. Events were also shown on local television. It was fun the next day to talk to people and find out what they had seen in their neighborhoods. Wish they did it here in the states. It was one of the (many)highlights of my Paris visit - a pleasant surprise.




|||



Thank you both for your responses. If possible it even making me more excited for our trip. I think that day I won%26#39;t plan anything and just see where the day takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment