Thursday, April 12, 2012

Favorite French Region

I love traveling to France and Germany. I just can%26#39;t get enough of those two countries. I am planning another trip to France for the fall and am looking for some ideas.





Was wondering if I could get some replies to the following two questions. I know they are tough because most people love more than one area of France. But, if you could choose???? Thanks.





1. What is your favorite region of France, other than Paris. ie....Provence, Med, Normandy, Burgundy etc. No Paris please.





2. What is it about the region that you selected that you find most appealing.






|||



1. Corsica.





2. The beauty, the food, the hiking.




|||



That bit of the Rhone Valley off the Route du Soleil between Orange and the Gorges d%26#39;Ardeche. You get your beautiful little villages there and they are less overwhelmed than their %26quot;discovered%26quot; equivalents further south. Try St Thome and Valvigneres near to Viviers. Natural gorges and the rivers are great here, wines are abundant and underrated (and so a bit cheaper) food and people are lovely and you have great access to historical sites like Pont du Gard, Avignon, Orange and further south the Arles and Camargue are easily do-able day trips. Long season here too.





Or the Vosges around Gerardmer ... sorry, I%26#39;ve picked my one ...




|||



1. Doubs (Franche Comte)





2. Besancon and Dole, both great towns that are unscathed by tourism. Great beauty, architecture, and history (Hugo, Pasteur, Lumiere). The citadelle and surrounding hills with forts on top around Besancon are really cool. Franche Comte cheese avec du saucisson sur une baguette...quand est-ce j%26#39;y vais!?!?




|||



Nice in the south of France. Why? The great beaches and those string bikinis (bottoms).




|||



Strasbourg and Alsace if I had to answer my own question. Great food, the German/French mix, and the Route du Vin is so charming.




|||



Dear american friend





Don%26#39;t hesitate ; CHOOSE CORSICA !!!!!!



You will not be disapointed.



I am living in Corsica and I love this island so mysterious.



It will took you just 1h30 from Paris with plane.



If you decid to come on Corsica I will accept to guide you because in summer I don%26#39;t work.



I am sure you will be happy to come here. The corsica life is delicious. I know Miami and I like this town because I like te sea. But in Corsica you have the sea and the mountains just near.



I will sent you pic abuot my island if you want



Best wishes



Marie-Blanche

No comments:

Post a Comment