Thursday, April 19, 2012

Paris Alone

Bonjour tout le monde..





I am leaving for my paris trip on the 5th June for about 10 days and the problem is that I ahve yet to decide on the hotel.



I would like to keep it below Euro100 but after surfing the interent , I am getting confuse over the locations... Rue Cler, Marais, left bank, Montpanasse, Montmatre...Where whould I go?





I like to stay ina quaint and cozy place and if possible to have some night life, restuarants and cafes nearby.



Can anyone help me please





Ms poppy




|||



I would say for night life, Montparnasse, Latin quarter and Marais are good. Montmartre is not conveniently situted, not in the center. Rue Cler, as a Parisian i had never heard of it before this forum. My favourite area would be left bank (latin quarter) very central and easy to walk everywhere.




|||



I seconded left bank, it is central and quaint. Hotel Familia are good reviews and is near everything, Notre-Dame, le Louvre etc. there is also lot of cafe and the Seine banks are just closed by. Bon voyage.




|||



Raphy, you mentioned that Montmartre is not centeral located, How long by metro or ref does it take to get from that area to say the Eiffel tower? In general how long would it take from Montmartre to any major except the obiviously close ones? Thanks




|||



the Eiffel tower? No more than 20 minutes I%26#39;d say but remember that the tower isn%26#39;t central either :)




|||



I would go to the Saint germain des pres area, There are lots of restaurants and bars in this area and it is safe. It is really central. i can recommend you the Hotel Rive Gauche, http://www.hotelrivegauche.com/, a nice 2 stars hotel located in this area. It is clean and nice hotel. peolple at the hotel are really nice.



Enjoy Paris




|||



Hello



I have spend at least 10 hours surfing the net and have finally decided on the Hotel Aramis St Germain des Pres - I read that there are 3 stations around the hotel , it has got aircon, internet and decent rooms.



Does anyone else knows about this hotel?




|||



Here is a link to the TripAdvisor reviews of the hotel. It seems to be highly thought of.





http://tinyurl.com/8wyey





The hotel is just a short walk from Montparnasse, and from the Jardin du Luxembourg. The blvd St Germain des Pres is probably about a ten minute walk.





As you say the hotel has three metro stations on different lines close by, St. Placide being the closest. So wherever your wanders take you to in Paris you should be able to get back quite easily to your hotel if you are too tired or too far away to walk.





Bon voyage et bonnes vacances!




|||



I said Montmartre is not very central, but it is still easy and quick to reach the center, by line 12 from Abesses or Pigalle. But Montmartre is so full of tourists that it doesn%26#39;t give the parisian feel, unless you are right at the top of the hill in one of the quaint street. But if it is to have a hotel at the bottom of the Hill, then i think there are other better locations. Also around Pigalle-Anvers-Montmartre you can have pickpockets around. This is why my favourite to stay would be the Latin quarter, you still have many parisians there, as well St Germain des Pr��s is nice, you can walk everywhere. You can%26#39;t really walk everywhere from Montmartre, also Montmartre restaurants on PLace du Tertre are very touristy and not worth the money. But Montmartre is still very nice to visit, it just wouldn%26#39;t be my choice to stay at a hotel.




|||



MS,



I will be staying at the Hotel Aramis St. Germain starting 2 July. I liked the location and the price. I%26#39;ll look forward to your report. If you want to read reviews, you can put the hotel name in the search box. I%26#39;ve read most of them and have decided that I made a good choice.




|||



Hi all,





I am so excited about my trip to Paris..one more day to go:)





Can anyone help me about getting to Aramis St Germain des pres from CDG airport? I figure that I will ask around when I get there but since I have some time thought I%26#39;ll better find out than take the risk of getting lost.





Besides this question, I have about 4 days of extra time after seeing most of Paris and want to travel to other provinces. WOuld Brittany or Bordeaux be a better choice. ( or any others if you can recommend!)

No comments:

Post a Comment