Sunday, April 15, 2012

Other Places in France to See besides Paris

I was in Paris last month for the third time loved it as did my wife as usual. This time we just walked around and took the Metro every to many diff districts, as we had already seen the tourist sites.





Now next year we will be going on a Meditteranean cruise in June. As usual we will likely stop on the way in France to adjust to jet lag,etc. Other than the Loire Valley I%26#39;ve not seen any other cities in France. Where would one recommend a city to explore for a few days. For 2 Forty something year olds.





Thankx.




|||



greetings fellow forty something from orange county....is it out of your way to stop in the south of france??? my husband and i flew into nice last summer...rented a car and drove 2 hours into provence...we stayed at a beautiful chateau(might only be weekly rentals) and then enjoyed 2 nights in mougin which is in the hills above cannes....however, the scenery does remind one of the laguna beach area so not a great idea if u want to get away.....but who cares...it%26#39;s france!!!




|||



Two questions:





1) Are you wedded to the idea of a city? (And, if so, does your wife know about this?) :%26gt;)





2) Will you rent a car?




|||



Are you wedded (to shamelessly steal a phrase) to the idea of a cruise? Unless the boat%26#39;s small, I hear that it takes forever to get off the boat. Your time to see anything other than the interior of the boat could be limited. Unless the boat%26#39;s big, you%26#39;ll get rocked about too. just stuff to consider...



I just went throught this mental exercise considering a tour of the French/Italian Riviera towns %26amp; ports. I haven%26#39;t seen much of the Italian portion and my wife%26#39;s never seen any of it.



Here%26#39;s a few France (or thereabouts) city suggestions:



Monaco. Anyway, while you%26#39;re in the Mediterranean, have you ever seen Monaco before? That could be worth a visit if you%26#39;ve never been there.



St Tropez is an interesting little harbor town.



Lyon%26#39;s a good culinary capital to visit.



hm. lights out. I gotta go...




|||



Thanks to all for your input, I clicked on the icon to receive all incoming messages on my outlook and nothing happend and until today I thought my original post was a subject nobody cared about, now I am updating myself on all the answers.





As for inquiries about boating andrail etc- none of this will be part of the plan. I justt am curious about a City in France that would be a differnt point of wiew from Paris that will also be nice to hang out in for a few days while adjsting to the dreaded Jet Lag coming in from the U.S.





An example might be St. Ennaine (spelling) or Lyon perhaps.





Probably something that would get me an easy connection onto CDG and onto Rome for my Cruise thereafter.





Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment