Thursday, April 19, 2012

international drivers permit?

Just read the fine print on my Thrifty reservation and it turns out that foreign drivers are supposed to have an international drivers permit in France.





I guess this means that American license is not enough... Oh my, leaving in 2 days...





Please those from US who rented a car, tell me what this international drivers permit is and if it takes long to get from DMV?








|||



you can get it from AAA - you get it instantly - just pop over there before you go - i do not think you can get it at the dmv





$10 if you are AAA member





tho i read that you dont need the intl dl - but i got one just in case :)





dont want to end up in a jail where i dont speak the language very well LOL




|||



Dear Allen, thank you for the information! I guess finding this out two day before leaving is still better than at the rental counter on location.

No comments:

Post a Comment