Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Finally...shoes!!!

I found and bought the shoes I am going to be wearing while in Paris...They are sketchers bikers - sightsee, and they are very very comfortable. I promise to break them in...though so far they don%26#39;t seem to need it. They are something between a sneaker and a shoe. Today, I went for a test walk...and imagined myself walking in them all day long through-out Paris...and even though Robin%26#39;s detailed description of her blisters had me concerned, I am hoping this pair won%26#39;t be causing me any.





okay...so my topic isn%26#39;t very Paris related - but I was so excited, I had to share :)




|||



Cedre -





Thanks for sharing.



I assume you will be taking at least two pair



of shoes.



Remember you will be walking up to 8 miles



a day, sometime over rough terrain.



Good ankle support is important also.



If you feel a need to look into it any



further, put the word %26quot;shoes%26quot; in the forum



box and hit GO. There is a lot of helpful



information there.




|||



I think taking two pairs of shoes is even more critical than choosing the perfect shoes. I ALWAYS take 2 pairs and I leave another pair at our apartment there, so I have a grand total of three different pairs to wear. That will make a huge difference in how your feet feel after so much walking.




|||



Cedre I was there three weeks ago and had bought a pair of shoes almost exactly like the ones in your photo, that is a picture of them, n%26#39;est ce pas? Regardless, the way you described them sounds much like mine (which are Merrils version of that style) and I%26#39;m happy to report I walked about ten miles in comfort! But bring a bandaid or two just in case--I felt like (no fault of the shoes) that I was on the brink of getting a blister due to the AMOUNT of walking (not the shoes).





All in all, well done, good purchase!!




|||



also, if you can find a pair of leather Naturalizer thong sandals, they served me well in Paris....highly recommended as a second change-off pair....also totally open in case it is warm , or if you have any blisters, nothing to rub against to cause additional pain. They really were my salvation, which surprised me, as I threw them in the suitcase as an afterthought, fully intending to return them unused to Lord and Taylor, after the trip.




|||



I wore Marks and Spencer%26#39;s suede trainers and Clark%26#39;s walking sandals. Both well broken in.





Probably not much use to you though, as most of you are American and those are English makes!





It may have helped that I do quite a lot of walking at home. (4 or 5 mile walk most weekends if possible)




|||



You might want to see Walking=blisters=molkeskin??



response for additional information about taking good



care of your feet. It was posted today 1:11




|||



Hmmm...more shoe shopping. Gees, twist my rubber arm! I%26#39;ll get right on that ;)





I think thong sandals might be a good idea. I like the fact that my toes won%26#39;t be touching anything. But, I need to make sure I get a good pair with arch support...as that much walking on flats are sure to kill my feet.





Anyways...thanks for being excited with me, and the moleskin thread has given me good insight in preparing for the worst if it gets to that point.




|||



Cedre -





You might want to put (shoes sandals) in the search box



to the top right of any pages and hit GO.





We had quite a thread going that included sandals.



Let me know your thoughts.




|||



Oh believe me Randy that I%26#39;ve read all the shoe threads on this forum. Like the rest of you I am an addict to this place and somewhat of a shoe-aholic. I even read the 9 pager thread on shoes...but thanks for the suggestion. I went back and re-read some of them, which gave me good advice on my next pair of shoes/sandals. I am thinking a pair of clarks. I want to buy my Mephistos while I am in Paris.





Robin - in case you do read this...what happened to your Danskos? Are they the ones that gave you the blisters?




|||



Cedre: I specifically recommended the Naturalizers because they had great arch support for a pair of sandals. I felt like my feet were cradled in just %26quot;the right stuff%26quot;. Not sure if you can find them in Canada though.

No comments:

Post a Comment