Thursday, April 19, 2012

Film suggetions? Paris locations.

In between trips to Paris, one thing I like to do is rent movies that have Paris locations. We%26#39;ve seen several in the last few years (in fact just last night we watched %26quot;Rififi%26quot; and %26quot;The Red Balloon%26quot; for the trillionth time). I would love some suggestions. Doesn%26#39;t matter whether they%26#39;re made in american, france or any other country, doesn%26#39;t matter if they%26#39;re art-house or blockbuster, just any that have Pairs as the backdrop, and give you that feel. As always, thanks in advance.




|||



Forget Paris, with Billy Crystal. This was on here last Saturday night, and has some lovely scenes of Paris (very definitely not a soundstage), along the Seine, the Ile de la Cite, Eiffel Tower etc, etc!! Watching it has got me so excited, I%26#39;m going to Paris for the first time in 3 weeks! I can%26#39;t wait!!!!




|||



%26quot;Before Sunset%26quot; is set in Paris. They walk and talk around Paris during the movie, it features numerous street scenes...a cruise down the Seine. There are even folks that track down the Le Pure Cafe where the characters visit. It%26#39;s a great sequel to the awesome Before Sunrise film.




|||



There was a huge thread on this - possibly even two - quite recently with literally dozens of suggestions.





If you search the forum under %26quot;movies%26quot; I%26#39;m sure you will find them both...




|||



irishr - found it...




|||



Amelie, of course, and Everybody says I love you by W. Allen has many scenes in PAris




|||



the Bourne Identity and Le Divorce are good. I lovved Audrey Hepburn in charades. Amelie is very good.




|||



I recently had fun watching %26quot;Charade%26quot; with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn. It was a good test of my Metro knowledge to see if what they did on the Metro would have worked.




|||



desAlpes,



I disliked the movie charade but I do stay at the hideout hotel: Hotel Saint Jacques on rue des Ecoles.




|||



French Kiss with Meg Ryan.Cute film too.

No comments:

Post a Comment