Thursday, April 12, 2012

Where to stay?

Hi,



We%26#39;re 3 college students who are going to be in Lyon from 30th June to 2nd July (2 nights), and I was traying to figure out where I should be looking to stay in Lyon.



We are taking the train from Marseille coming into Lyon into Gare de Dieu and leave from the other station on the 2nd to Paris (Parrache?).



We were hoping to find a place that was centrally located, in a fun area with places to eat and have fun, air-conditioned and clean and safe. We were looking for a triple and were willing to pay 30-35 euros a person a night however, cheaper the better.



Does anyone know any place to stay in Lyon, or where in lyon I should be looking for places?




|||



Hello - I%26#39;ve not stayed in Lyon personally but I am going there in September. A good friend of mine stays in the Old Town section, which is the trendy/fun/shopping/eating area. She stays at a place called, Hotel La Residence at 18 Rue Victor Hugo...phone 011 33 478 42 63 28.. It%26#39;s inexpensive, not fancy, but extremely well located. She said the rooms are not super but we%26#39;re a lot older than you and when I traveled when I was your age, price was a bigger deal rather than if it was the Ritz or not. Hope this helps. They might have a web site, too. Robin




|||



Hi - It%26#39;s Robin again. I was looking for places to stay in September (Hotel Residence is sold out - that%26#39;s the one that came recommended to me). I was online and found one that was close to the train station Parrache - I think that%26#39;s where you are leaving from. So go take a look at: tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187265-d259…



for Hotel du Simplon. Reviewers said it%26#39;s close to that train station. Good luck, rk

No comments:

Post a Comment