Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spending money in Paris

Hi there,



My 6 year old daughter, my boyfriend and I will be in Paris for one week this summer. We have already paid for a stay in an apartment as well as our flight. My question is: how much money should I plan to spend each day for myself and my daughter? Keep in mind, we are not planning on going to any fancy restaurants, in fact, we%26#39;ll probably only eat one meal out a day and cook the rest at the apartment. We are also planning on purchasing museum passes, so I%26#39;m not including that in our day to day cost.





Thanks in advance!



Wendy




|||



We are a family of 4 and I do food shopping each week. It costs me around 150 euros for one week. Then if you eat in cafes or brasseries and take a main course with a dessert and a drink I think it will cost you around 50-60 euros for the 3 of you. That makes a total amount of 500 to 600 euros for one week.




|||



Wendy, I asked the same question Pharsed%26quot; how much money in enough?%26quot; There are some very helpfull responses. Look it up and see if it helps you. Have a good trip!




|||



I am not sure if the museum pass is the most cost effective solution for families traveling with young kids... burn out is a real likelihood and in that case you will be best off paying as you go.



The gardens of the Rodin Museum will be free for yourself and your daughter... 1 euro for your boyfriend and you could easily spend an entire afternoon there by the sandboxes.




|||



Wendy - just back from Paris with my two daughters. It costs a lot to eat in Paris. We also rented an apartment and cooked.



6 eggs were around 3 euros, and we paid 1 euro for a lemon at the open air market.





If you are careful when you eat out, you can have a decent meal without drinks for around 10 euros a person. Drinks out are really expensive so look at the menu before ordering. We paid 3.6 euros for small orange juices one morning.





The open market was the best bargain, but still not inexpensive.




|||



Wendy -





You will probably need to figure money for



the Metro also.




|||



Hi Cheryl - can you give us the name/locations of the places where you ate out for around E10? I had a great meal in Montparnasse area in March, that was E9, which I though was pretty exceptional for a 3 course meal..thanks




|||



Thanks everyone! This information is very helpful!




|||



Hi Stur -



There were all kinds of restaurants that offered 3 course meals for around 10E. I enjoyed several in particular by the Cluny museum. It is a GREAT area and there were many great places to eat. We also had good luck on Rue Mouffetard, but honestly I did not write down names!




|||



Wendy, for quick, inexpensive lunches, the latin Quarter is good, and has lots of Greek/gyro and Middle eastern type places with falafels, kebobs, french fries, etc.





I did notice that Paris supermarkets were very expensive when it came to certain products, like produce. I also don%26#39;t like the fact that there is no one-stop shopping. You have to go to so many different shops to get what you need. I like being able to get OTC medicine, lightbulbs, and food in one store.

No comments:

Post a Comment